I’ve been involved with tax for 25 years, and find it endlessly fascinating.  Did you know that every number on your tax return represents a legal conclusion about your income and deductions?  As a lawyer, I’ll help you form the right legal conclusions about the numbers on your tax returns at a reasonable price. 

I do your returns myself, and complete them in a way that minimizes your taxes, and the risk of future outreach by the IRS. To help prevent audits, I include explanation and documentation with your tax return that answer questions before the IRS can ask them.  I spoke about this audit prevention technique in my presentation for Maryland volunteer Lawyers Services, Audits of Individuals and Small Businesses in September 2018. 

Many small businesses can save money by outsourcing financial services “as needed” to a cost-conscious bookkeeper during the year, and tax preparer at the end.  I can refer you to economical bookkeeping options, and separate payroll options, as needed, to fit a small business budget.  

Forms prepared include the following:

• Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
• Form 1040NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return
• Maryland Form 502, Resident Income Tax Return for Maryland
• Maryland Form 505NR , Nonresident Income Tax Return
• Form 1040-ES  Estimated Tax for Individuals
• Maryland Form 502D, Personal Declaration of Estimated Tax
• All out-of-state returns

Estate and Gift Tax Returns:
• Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts, and Schedule K-1
• Form 706 United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return
• Form 709, United States Gift (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return
• Form MET 1, Maryland Estate Tax Return

Estate and gift tax return preparation provided separate from, or in conjunction with, estate administration.

Business Returns:
• Form 1040, Schedule C, Profit or Loss From Business
• Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income, and Schedule K-1
• Form 1120S U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation, and Schedule K-1
• Form 1120 U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return

Bookkeeping services referred as needed.

Foreign Account Reports (“FBAR”)