Experienced Attorney in Estate Planning, Tax Controversies, and More | Attentive Attorney Putting Clients First | Dedicated Legal Representation
Welcome to my legal practice, where I consider it a privilege to handle your legal matters. I prioritize your needs, and provide attentive and personalized legal representation, placing your interests at the forefront of my practice.
Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m admitted to the bars of Maryland, the District of Columbia, New York, United States Tax Court, and the Federal Court for the District of Maryland. My conduct is governed by rules applicable to all professionals who practice before the IRS, set forth in Treasury Department Circular No. 230. I was elected by my colleagues to serve as a member of Taxation Law Section Council for the Maryland State Bar Association. I was appointed by the Comptroller of Maryland to the Comptroller’s Tax Practitioner’s Advisory Work Group, appointed by Maryland’s governor to Maryland’s Board of Individual Tax Preparers, and serve as Board Chair. I also serve as a Certified Chapter Instructor for the National Association of Tax Professionals Maryland/DC/Delaware Chapter, and I’m a member of the Estate and Trust law Section of the Maryland State Bar.
With 36 years of experience, I bring extensive expertise to the issues you entrust to me. I emphasize open communication, timely delivery of work, and make sure you’re informed every step of the way. Whether you need individual services, or a collaborative team approach involving financial professionals and other attorneys, I am here to assist you.
When you choose my firm, you can expect:
- Individualized Attention: I believe in truly understanding your unique situation. I take the time to listen attentively, ensuring I grasp the intricacies of your case. By doing so, I can tailor my approach to best meet your specific needs and objectives.
- Open Communication: I value clear and open communication. I maintain open lines of dialogue, keeping you informed at every step of the legal process. I am readily available to address your questions, concerns, and provide regular updates on the progress of your case.
- Client-Centered Strategies: Your goals and desired outcomes are my priority. I develop client-centered strategies that align with your best interests. I will work collaboratively with you, ensuring that you are actively involved in the decision-making process.
- Thorough Preparation: I believe in meticulous preparation to provide you with the highest quality representation. I conduct thorough research, gather relevant evidence, and apply my expertise to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Compassionate Advocacy: I understand the emotional and legal challenges you may be facing. I approach each case with compassion and empathy, guiding you through the legal process with understanding and support.
By working with me, you can trust that your legal matters will receive the attention they deserve. Contact me today to schedule a consultation and experience the difference of having an attorney who truly cares about you and your case.
Past experience and affiliations include:
- Tax Management Inc., Washington, D.C. (subsidiary of Bureau of National Affairs): Editor, Tax Management Portfolios on depreciation.
- H&R Block, Montgomery County, MD
- Sachs & Taylor, Washington, D.C.
- Chrysler Capital Realty, Inc. (former affiliate, Chrysler Motors), Greenwich, Connecticut
- Epstein Becker Borsody & Green, New York, New York
Civic and Community:
- Pro Bono: Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Volunteer of the Month, February 2021 (https://mvlslaw.org), National Association of Tax Professionals, Maryland Volunteer
- Montgomery County, Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board: Chair (1999 – 2000), Appointee, Montgomery County Executive (1994 – 2000)
- Barnard College (Columbia University), B.A. cum laude | Duke University School of Law
For personalized legal assistance in estate planning, tax controversies, and more, contact me today. I look forward to helping you navigate your legal needs effectively and efficiently.